LAWLOR THERAPY SERVICES INC. is currently accepting applications for:
Rehabilitation Support Workers
The Rehabilitation Support Worker is an integral part of the rehabilitation team. He/she facilitates rehabilitation programs under the direction of the regulated health care professionals. A typical rehabilitation team may include, but is not limited to, any of the following; Rehabilitation Consultant, Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Speech Language Pathologist, Psychologist, Social Worker. The Rehabilitation Support Worker does not complete assessments or provide recommendations regarding the client. The Rehabilitation Support Worker is involved in the implementation of many diverse programs, such as return to work programs, return to school programs, physiotherapy programs, cognitive retraining, community integration, ADL programs, etc.
EDUCATIONAL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- College or University education in a relative program, such as Physiotherapist Assistant, Behavioural Therapy, Kinesiologist, Occupational Therapist Assistant, Social Work, Developmental Services Worker, Psychology, Sociology, etc.
- Certified in First Aid and CPR
- Experience working with people with an acquired brain injury.
- Experience in the design, development and implementation of life skills, job coaching, cognitive retraining, and behavioural management programs.
- Meet with clients as specified by the rehabilitation team
- Treat client with dignity and respect
- Implement programs as outlined by the rehabilitation team
- Provide input into client’s programming when requested
- Develop data sheets and assist with program development
- Prepare written progress notes after each treatment session
- Send progress notes to treatment team on a weekly basis
- Maintain communication with all members of the treatment team, as specified
- Attend team meetings as scheduled
- Develop treatment objectives, based on information provided by regulated health care professionals
- Prepare written progress reports for each client approximately every three months
- Review progress reports written by members of the treatment team
- Maintain contact with Regional Manager on a weekly basis
- Meet with Regional Manager once per month for supervision and file review
- Attend Lawlor training once per month
- Complete billing sheets and send to Lawlor once per week
- Conduct self in a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Maintain vehicle insurance coverage of at least $2 million liability and a rider to carry clients.
- A clear driver’s abstract.
- Current criminal records check
- Current immunization
- Regional Manager
- Clients, Client’s families/ guardians, Healthcare Professionals (i.e. Rehabilitation Consultant, Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Speech Language Pathologist, Psychologist, Social Worker), Regional Manager
Please email or fax your resume:
Central & South Western Ontario:
Attn.: Angela Cunningham – Client Services Supervisor
Eastern Ontario (Northumberland to Russell & Prescott):
Attn.: Kirsten Hadleycrane – Director, Client Services
Tel: 613-699-8007 ext.5