Tech Training is a program at Lawlor Therapy where a specialized staff works 1 on 1 with clients to facilitate functional use of electronic devices including computers, tablets, and smartphones. The program will assist the client with setting up devices, synchronization between devices, setting up accessible features, basic navigation of devices, programs, and/or apps. The program is individualized to meet client’s needs and skill level. Each client will be provided with customized scripts, visual/diagram aides, and video aides on how to perform each task in a physical manual and e-book format. The training will play an important role in a client’s recovery by selecting appropriate apps, programs and/or devices, and training to use them as part of a comprehensive rehabilitation program. 10 sessions are initially recommended consisting of 1 session per week for up to 2 hours.
- Program development and training can include the client, family member, and the rehabilitation team.
- One to one training is offered in the client’s home or the Lawlor office.
- Remote training is available for clients living in rural areas.
- Group training at the Lawlor office in Mississauga includes a social component.
- Workshops are offered to rehabilitation team members to improve their skill and knowledge.